Delaware Governor's Board
Mission and Background
The Delaware Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness Board (OTDAB), which is appointed by the Governor of Delaware, is charged with educating the public and developing programs about organ and tissue donation. The remit of this Board is to raise donor awareness in the state of Delaware and increase the number of people who include the donor designation on their driver’s license or personal ID card. It is the Board’s objective to allow more people in the Delaware region to receive life-saving and life-enhancing transplants. The Board focuses on identifying programs and initiatives which will advance donor awareness in Delaware and encourages Delawareans to contribute to the Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness Trust Fund. The Board utilizes Trust Fund monies to award grand to fund programming to increase organ and tissue donor awareness.
The Delaware Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness Board (OTDAB) is seeking partners to carry out activities that would increase awareness of the need and opportunities for organ and tissue donation in Delaware through awarding grants of up to $5,000. Applications will be reviewed by the board and awards made within thirty days of review.
Those wishing to apply for a grant must submit a proposal of a maximum five page narrative that includes a concrete plan of action that specifically outlines what the project will accomplish, a timeline, a description of the method of evaluation and a budget justification of expenses.
Applications will be judged on how well they reach the target population, the ability of the project to advance awareness of organ and tissue donation, and specific, measurable outcomes that should arise from the completion of this project.
Applications may be submitted to:
Delaware Office of EMS
100 Sunnyside Road
Smyrna, DE 19977
Fax: ATTN: Carmen (302)223-1330
For more information, please contact Carmen LeComte at (302) 223-1788
The Delaware Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness Board shall be composed of nine members all appointed by the Governor. Members of the board serve 3-year terms and may be appointed to successive terms by the governor.
1. One representative from the federally certified organ procurement organization (Gift of Life Donor Program) serving Delaware.
2. One representative from an eye bank serving Delaware.
3. One transplant recipient.
4. One family member of a donor.
5. One physician, with a special interest in transplantation.
6. One officer, employee, or board member of a Delaware acute care general hospital.
7. One representative from the Department of Health and Social Services.
8. One representative from the Department of Education.
9. One representative from the Division of Motor Vehicles